Fashion consultant and television personality, Clinton Kelly, made a guest appearance today on the Rachael Ray show.
The following are his six tips for dressing your man.
- Stick with a 2 button classic jacket and do not button the last button.
- Match your belt to your shoes, unless you’re dressing casual then it doesn’t matter.
- Match your socks to your pants. Unless you’re going with a fun sock. If that’s the case, don’t have too much fun. Just limit the fun to the socks.
- 1/2 inch of your shirt sleeve should be sticking out past your jacket sleeve.
- The tip of your tie should hit the top of your belt.
- Get a good tailor. It’s better to buy a cheaper suit and spend more money on tailoring then it is to buy an expensive suit and not get it tailored to your body.
I think these rules can apply to us ladies as well. May this finds you having a good week.
I’m writing this from the 405 freeway in Los Angeles. Isn’t technology wonderful? Traffic on the other hand is as it always is in LA–horrible.
I’m on my way to the hospital to have breast reconstruction surgery. November 2014 I had a bilateral mastectomy due to invasive breast cancer. I know. Bummer, right?
A bilateral mastectomy means I had both breasts removed although only one was touched by cancer.
While it’s not always easy to maintain a positive attitude, I do my best. I’m cancer free and I’m doing what I can to keep it that way.
This surgery has been a long time coming. Between my slow recovery and health insurance games, this surgery has been postponed multiple times. I feel excited but nervous. I’m sure you can imagine. I had trouble sleeping last night. I’m hoping and praying all goes well today.
In the cancer community everyone has something special they do to empower themselves for surgeries or treatments. For me, it’s fun-to-wear underwear and nail polish. Because I’m having surgery, nail polish is not allowed. Here’s a peek at my underwear and my favorite spring/summer lip pallet. May this find you having a great day!
Underwear by Jenni at Macy’s
Lipsticks by Bare Escentuals in Marvelous Moxie.
I think everyone should have a few monogrammed pieces in their home. BUT, I think it has to be done with a touch of class. Mark and Graham offer a variety of classy items.Here are a few of my picks from their sales rack.
It sure looks that way ladies. Today, Jordache posted this photo on their Instagram feed. The jeans look like they have a modern feel to them. Perhaps a little spandex to give them a better fit.
What do you think? Will you Jordache?
“You can never be overdressed or overeducated” said Oscar Wilde
Photo credit: Michaela
Hot pink Kate Spade kitten heels and Kate Spade journal.